Eye shadows are fun because you can find them in so many different and unique colors. You can go with neutral and muted colors, shimmer and sparkle, or even bright vibrant colors! However, just like with all other makeup, you must be careful with the kind you purchase.
Eyeshadow is filled with artificial colors, chemicals, and toxic ingredients. Your eyes are one of the most precious and sensitive parts of your body, so you need to treat them with an extreme amount of care!
The 5 Best Selling Natural Eyeshadows:
- 100% vegan & cruelty-free
- Colors Included: Nude, Sentimental, Touched, Rapture, Madly Deeply, Even Nuder, Vapid, Moonstruck, Roused, Lightness of Being
- Highly pigmented mineral eyeshadows in a range of your new super wearable, favorite colors.
- Coconut water infused
- One eye shadow compact with three shades, Countryside Lavender features medium purple, dark purple and light nude hues
- 100% natural, long-lasting, mineral eye makeup resists creasing, fading and smudging for all-day wear
- Made with Bamboo, Honey and Vitamin E to nourish skin for beautiful results inside and out
- Available in 4 distinct palette trios inspired by nature; safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
- Dimensional shimmers
- Smoothest mattes
- Major pigments
- Magnetic case includes mirror and double-sided eyeshadow applicator
- 6 different shades
- W7 In the Mood Natural Nudes Eye Color Palette
- Lightweight, yet sturdy tin
- A beautiful blend of natural nudes
- Made with certified ORGANIC and ALL NATURAL ingredients - ZERO artificial colors, preservatives or fragrances. Made in the USA, 100% VEGAN, cruelty-free and GLUTEN-FREE makeup
- Conditioning organics create a unique NO-CREASE pigment that can be worn WET OR DRY
- LUXURIOUS eye makeup in HIGH-CONTRAST and neutral hues for GORGEOUS natural looks as well as sexy SMOKEY eyes
- Innovative easy-to-wear formula BLENDS seamlessly, goes on SMOOTH and STAYS put
What to Avoid in Eyeshadow and How to Buy Natural
Just like the many other posts about unnatural and chemical laden makeup we have posted about, many of the same things can be said about conventional eyeshadow. To check out some essential information about the dangers of makeup and some of the top ingredients to avoid, check out our posts about mascara and foundation! There, you can also learn all about how to best choose a natural or organic makeup brand or product.
The 5 Best Natural and Organic Eyeshadows:
Let’s dive right into the Top 5 Best natural and organic eye shadows, that are filled with beneficial and healthy ingredients!
This EWG Verified cream eyeshadow is gluten-free, cruelty-free, and completely vegan. It is also made with over 95% certified organic ingredients, is naturally colored with micas and doesn’t have Carmine or any type of artificial colors. Sally B’s ingredient list simply includes:
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Organic Cocoa Butter
- Organic Camellia Oil
- Organic Beeswax
- Infused Organic Calendula Oil
- Vitamin E (Non-GMO, soy-based)
Only a few simple and pure ingredients make up this fabulous eyeshadow so you can feel completely confident in using this product. This cream eye color is best used at the lash line or lightly spread over the eyelid for some light coverage.
Mineral Fusion’s eye shadow features rich and long lasting color. Each trio pack has 3 different beautiful colors in just about any color scheme you want. You can choose matte colors, shimmer and sparkle, smokey eyes, pale neutral colors, and much more!
These eye shadows contain age defying ingredients like pomegranate, white tea, red tea, and sea kelp to protect against free radical damage. Just like all other Mineral Fusion products, these eye shadows are paraben-free, cruelty-free, gluten-free, fragrance-free, phthalate-free, contain no artificial colors, talc, and are hypoallergenic.
Batty’s Bath eye shadows are richly colored pressed mineral based colors. They have a modern shimmery color, but without the sparkle for those of you looking for something a little more subtle. You can apply these shadows wet for a more color rich look. They are super bendable so you can create any kind of look you want.
And what is the best part about these shadows? They only have 4 ingredients – mica, zinc oxide, kaolin, and organic coconut oil. It is hard to get much simpler and more natural than that. Furthermore, none of the ingredients in their shadows are non-micronized. For more detailed information on what non-micronized means, read this article.
Daisy Blue eye shadows come in 4 simple, earthy colors for those of you natural look lovers. Deep rich brown, shimmery gold, shimmer neutral, and white shimmery stardust are about as natural as they get and will give you the perfect earthy look.
Again, this company only uses mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, and zinc oxide in their eyeshadows. They are cruelty and gluten free, 100% natural, and free of artificial fragrance, sulfates, and phosphate. On the EWG Skin Deep database this eye shadow only receives a low score of 1.
Deep rich colors are what these eye shadows are all about.The fact they are from Italy and are certified organic is also a huge bonus! Their gorgeous shadows are produced without petroleum’s, parabens, artificial colors and fragrances, or petrochemical emulsifiers. They are never tested on animals and some of their colors are 100% vegan.
Some of their special ingredients include bamboo, which is abundant in naturally occurring silicone to help the collagen in our skin stay firm. Honeysuckle is antibacterial and is used as a natural preservative, and Gardenia Florida extract is a powerful antioxidant great for the skin. These eye shadows come in a wide range of colors from simple, classic neutrals to rich blues and deep greens!
Searching for gorgeous eyeshadows that are healthy, natural, and have organic ingredients shouldn’t be a hassle. There are tons of great natural eye shadow options to choose from that are good for your skin and body and will make you eyes pop. Hopefully, these Top 5 organic and natural eye shadows will fit exactly what you are looking for. With these five options, you can know what you’re putting on your eyes are safe.
How to Apply Eyeshadow Perfectly Every Time
Eyeshadow is a fun way to play up your eyes. But what about all of the harsh chemicals in most products? Check out of top 5 organic/natural eyeshadows.