Face serums can have so many different benefits it can be hard to choose which one is best for your skin. You can find serums for acne, oil control, dry skin, hydration, dark spots, and so much more.
But what is actually in your favorite face serum or those bottles sitting on your pharmacy’s shelves? Likely, most of those serums contain a ton of chemicals, artificial ingredients, and cancer-causing preservatives. You face serum should help you, not hurt you!
The 5 Best Selling Natural and Organic Face Serums:
- DIMINISH FACIAL AGE BLEMISHES - This anti wrinkle serum offers the best way to fight blemishes on the skin and most common signs of aging, including wrinkles, fine lines, hyperpigmentation, and sun...
- ANTIOXIDANT SUPER CHARGE - Vitamin C provides your skin with the antioxidants it needs to defend itself from the aging effects of invisible aggressors like pollution and harmful UV rays that are...
- BYE DRY SKIN - As a spot treatment, this serum boosts your skin and is formulated with advanced ingredients to both strengthen the skin and reverse damage
- BEAUTY CORRECTOR - This pure Vitamin C, anti-wrinkle serum with ingredients like Vitamin E, Organic Rosehip Oil, Argan Oil, and Sea Buckthorn Oil. Pair to other products in your skin care regimen for...
- You'll see results! Our premium, high potency, anti-aging Vitamin C Serum formulation will produce visible changes with evening and brightening your tone while helping to boost collagen and improve...
- Vitamin E will help with hyperpigmentation, fade scars and reduce fine lines. Can be used around the under eye area to help with dark circles and wrinkles. Great for women and men for daily use with...
- No oily residue left behind. Absorbs quickly without a heavy, greasy or sticky feel.
- Made in the USA! Our products are formulated in an FDA registered laboratory and are never tested on animals - Cruelty Free and Vegan friendly!
- Highest quality Vegan Hyaluronic Acid derived from the seeds of the Cassia angustifolia plant
- Draws in moisture and forms a hydrating barrier; Plumps and fills in fine lines and wrinkles
- Absorbs quickly with no greasy or sticky residue, leaving skin silky soft and smooth
- Natural and organic ingredients; no parabens, dyes or fragrances; vegan & cruelty-free; made in USA
- ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A VITAMIN C facial serum that actually works? We combine the most stable form of vitamin c with the powerful antioxidant, Astaxanthin - making this one of the most effective...
- COLD PROCESSED SKINCARE is better for your skin and provides a much more natural formulation than other so-called natural skincare brands. OZ Naturals Cold processed skincare is purer, cleaner and...
- GUARANTEED TO WORK OR YOUR MONEY BACK - We're confident you'll love OZNaturals products. However, if within 30 days you're not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we'll provide you with a full refund,...
- PATENTED BIOPRESERVE COMPLEX eliminates the need for traditional, harmful preservatives like Phenoxyethanol or Sodium Benzoate. Unlike 99% of other skincare brands, OZ Naturals formulas will never...
- Advanced Antioxidant Serum - An indispensable nutrient for collagen production, vitamin C synergistically blends with Botanical Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E in this advanced formula designed to...
- THE DIFFERENCE in skin treated with TruSkin Vitamin C Serum is striking. See thousands of reviews from real Amazon customers below rave about brighter, fresher looking skin, improved tone and clarity,...
- Plant Based Formulation - Free of synthetic color additives, fragrance, and stabilizers, dynamic active botanicals like Aloe Vera, MSM, Botanical Hyaluronic Acid, Witch Hazel and organic Jojoba oil...
- Leaping Bunny certified CRUELTY FREE. Formulated and bottled in the USA.
The Dangers of Most Face Serums
The following are just a few ingredients that are commonly used in many face serums.
Mineral oil is a very common ingredient in many face products, including serums. Mineral oil can cause can create a film over your skin that prevents your skin from naturally releasing any toxin buildup. Of course, this will lead to clogged pores, acne, oil buildup, and even some unsightly rashes. Additionally, mineral oil is a byproduct of petroleum.
Fragrance/parfum is another ingredient that should be avoided at all costs. Fragrance is where many companies are able to hide a laundry list of chemicals and artificial ingredients. Companies are not required to disclose what is included in the term “fragrance.” Additionally, most fragrances are stabilized with phthalates, which are chemicals that are linked to reproductive issues and birth defects when tested on animals.
Parabens are ones of the most common preservatives found in makeup, including face serums. Parabens are so harmful to the body because they can actually mimic estrogen, according to the FDA. This leads to an increase in breast cancer and skin cancer. Additionally, parabens have the ability to disrupt your endocrine system, leading to reproductive and developmental disorders. This is especially important for women of reproductive age looking to have children. There are many different kinds of parabens, so always keep a look out in the ingredient list. Any ingredient that ends with “paraben” should be avoided.
Formaldehyde. Formaldehyde should be nowhere near your face serum, yet it is a common ingredient in many. This highly toxic ingredient is a known human carcinogen and is actually used to preserve dead bodies. We definitely don’t think you want to rub that all over your precious face, right?
How To Choose a Natural and Healthy Face Serum
We have posted many times about how to find a natural, organic, and clean beauty product. There are a few simple steps you can follow that make finding a clean product simple, easy, and effective! Check out our post on face moisturizes to learn all of the tips and trick to finding a safe and 100% natural face serum!
The 5 Best Natural and Organic Face Serums:
Now that you know what to avoid and what to look for, let’s take a look at out Top 5 Natural and Organic Face Serums.
This serum blends some of the most powerful super fruits to provide you skin with powerful anti-aging benefits. These ingredients will help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots, while increasing skin firmness and giving you a healthy glow.
The ingredient list is full of only the purest ingredients – pomegranate oil, coffee cherry extract, acai berry, goji berry, vitamin C, and vitamin A are just a few of the healthful ingredients in this serum. Of course, 100% Purenever uses any harsh detergents, chemical preservatives, synthetic chemicals, artificial fragrances or any other toxins.
If you need a serum that will soothe your face and help reduce redness – this is the perfect face serum for you. Made with certified organic ingredients, this serum uses aloe vera juices, oat kernel extract, licorice, bearberry botanicals, and essential fatty acids to give you the perfect even and healthy looking skin tone.
Juice Beauty also commits to never using: parabens, petroleum, propylene or butylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfates, pesticides, phthalates, artificial dyes or synthetic fragrances. Our products are never tested on animals.
This USDA Certified Organic face serum is formulated with apricot and rose hip to hydrate the skin, brighten your complexion, reduce signs of stress and fatigue, and even out your skin tone. It is a highly concentrated formula so you can feel confident that you are getting the most benefits from this serum possible. Argan oil is full of omega fatty acids to provide intense hydration. Apricot oil helps to make your skin tone clear and even.
Nourish only uses the purest organic ingredients: Organic Safflower Seed Oil, Argan Nut Oil, Organic Jojoba Seed Oil, Organic Sweet Orange Oil, Organic Apricot Kernel Oil, Organic Rose Hip Seed Oil and vitamin E. You don’t have to worry at all about there being any scary chemical ingredients in this face serum!
This face serum is made with 99.5% organic ingredients and is 100% non-GMO. Lauran Brooke’s face serum is special because it only uses cold-presses plant oils and is not packaged with any heat. Cold-pressed serums contain even more potency because all of the nutrients are preserved by not using heat.
According to its description, “Organic Jojoba, Evening Primrose, Rosehip and Pomegranate oils with their deeply absorbent, emollient-rich, anti-aging & anti-inflammatory properties. Plus, Pumpkin Seed and Sea Buckthorn Oils are added with their exceptionally high Vitamins C, E & A, Minerals and Essential Fatty Acids to deeply nourish and restore elasticity.”
Andalou Naturals Coconut Milk Firming serum is made with coconut milk amino and essential fatty acids. These ingredients hydrate, fortify, softens, and conditions the appearance of skin tone and texture. This brand uses special “AquaCacteen, derived from prickly pear cactus, nourishes and soothes as water- binding nutrients provide lasting hydration for a lifted, firmer appearance and renewed vitality.”This product is Non-GMO Project Verified, uses fruit stem cells, and is 99% naturally derived.
With these top 5 all natural and organic face serums, each serum offers something a little different so most people can find something they will love. Staying away from face serums filled with harsh chemicals will do wonders for you face, skin, and overall health.
Face serums have many benefits for your skin. Make sure you pick out products that are natural and healthy. We will help you get started with these 5 top picks.