If you love going to the spa, you probably really enjoy skin scrubbing and cleansing routines that are part of many spa care services. These kinds of skincare opportunities can be really great for your skin health, and they can feel amazing.
If you want to be able to access this kind of skincare perk at home, you can do so. You just need the right tools, and you can make your own spa care experience in your own bathroom. There are various kinds of products that you can use for this kind of experience, and you will love that you can customize your body scrub experience to meet your own needs.
What Scrub do I Use?
You can make your own body scrub, or you can purchase a quality body scrub for your body scrubbing needs. Make sure that you are buying an organic or natural product and that you are not using a body scrub for your face. You can also make your own body scrub using a wide array of recipes. Many people use coffee, sugar products, and coconut oil or other natural oils to make their own body scrub.
Always make sure that you read the instructions on your body scrub product carefully so that you are using the product correctly. If you are making your own scrub, be sure that you are not leaving it on your skin for too long after you are done scrubbing.
What Else Will I Need?
You will want to have an exfoliating loofah on hand, and you might also want to make sure that you have a loofah that allows you to reach your back or other places that are tough to access. Be sure that these items are not too abrasive since the body scrub that you have made is also going to be slightly abrasive. You will want to get products that are gentle enough to be used with a body scrub.
Make sure that you consider the slippery nature of body scrubs and do not complete your scrubbing ritual in a location that might end up being slippery enough to cause a fall. Even if you are in the shower, be cautious about moving around while you are scrubbing for your own safety.
As an added bonus, you might want to have a moisturizing skin oil on hand to apply to your skin once you are done scrubbing. This is a common additional service that is used to finalize your body scrub treatment at a spa or salon. Moisturizing oils can do wonders for your skin once you have scrubbed away all the dead skin cells and prepared your skin to accept moisture more effectively.
How to Body Scrub At Home
Here’s how you can use a body scrub at home:
- First, choose a body scrub that is suitable for your skin type. If you have sensitive skin, look for a gentle scrub with fine grains. If you have oily or acne-prone skin, look for a scrub with larger grains or one that contains salicylic acid.
- Next, wet your skin in the shower or bath. This will help the scrub to spread more easily and will also help to open up your pores.
- Apply the body scrub to your skin using circular motions, starting at your feet and working your way up towards your head. Be sure to pay extra attention to areas like your elbows, knees, and ankles, which tend to be drier and more prone to rough patches.
- Rinse the scrub off thoroughly with lukewarm water. Avoid using hot water, as this can strip your skin of its natural oils and cause dryness.
- After rinsing off the scrub, pat your skin dry with a towel. Follow up with a moisturizer to help lock in hydration and keep your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Use a body scrub once or twice a week, depending on your skin’s needs.
Body Scrubbing at Home Can be Easy
If you have thought that you would never be able to access the benefits of a body scrub treatment at home, you thought wrong! There are many high-quality body scrub products on the market, and you can invest in any of these for your use at home. Always make sure to have the right moisturizer to finish your body scrubbing care routine, and you will be able to enjoy a spa-worthy experience in your own home.
This article was last updated on December 17, 2022 .