Properly hydrated skin is happy and healthy skin! Face moisturizers are an essential part of a great skin care routine. After washing your face with a cleanser, it is always important to replace any moisture that was stripped from your face by the cleanser and water.
However, it is important to note not every face moisturizer is created equal. Many moisturizers that you buy in the grocery store, beauty stores, and pharmacies are filled to the brim with preservatives, chemicals, and synthetic ingredients. You don’t want your moisturizer to give you cancer or disrupt your hormone function, so finding healthy and safe options are a must.
The 5 Best Selling Natural Moisturizers:
- 🍃 MADE WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS - FREE OF HARMFUL TOXIC PETROCHEMICALS: As such, it contains Star Anise Seed Oil, which gives it a natural, mild licorice scent. This evaporates...
- 🍃 NON-COMEDOGENIC. GREAT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Fights off free radicals (the root cause of premature aging). Naturally aids the reduction of fine lines, wrinkles, while deeply moisturizing the...
- 🍃 GENTLY & THOROUGHLY MOISTURIZES WITHOUT STRIPPING, DRYING OR LEAVING BUILD-UP: Our cream softens, repairs and reverses damage with natural healing, anti-aging ingredients. Perfect for all...
- 🍃 CRUELTY FREE. NO ANIMAL TESTING. 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Our products are prepared fresh regularly to ensure their optimum best when you receive them. We guarantee purity and freshness...
- Powerful Ingredients: effective in relieving pain and Inflammation, soothes and rejuvenates skin cells.
- Deeply Penetrating: absorbs fast for a quick relief for rosacea, shingles, & various skin diseases.
- Family Owned Company With 3 Generations Making Our Own Natural Products In the US - Products You Can Trust. Money-back guarantee!
- Beautiful Healthy Skin: it contains vitamins, amino acid & minerals to hydrate & restore pH levels.
- Experience Natural Hemp Seed Oil: Helps soothe inflammation, and calm atopic dermatitis, the benefits of hemp seed oil are limitless. Rich in omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, you will experience your...
- A Fresh and Light Fragrance: Our moisturizer is naturally scented, providing a crisp, clean aroma of flowers and bananas. Without any harsh chemicals found in other skin creams, this scent leaves...
- Dramatic Skin Hydration: With shea butter and ginseng to help reduce any redness, your skin will remain hydrated through anything. Whether you have winter dryness, flaking, or dry hands and feet, this...
- Protect Your Skin: Hempz herbal cream is made with Vitamins A, C, and E, which will help protect your skin from natural and environmentally triggered oxidants. Your skin will look and feel healthier...
- NO GREENWASHING - Our carefully crafted natural face moisturizer performs without bogus ingredients
- NO SKETCHY CHEMICALS - We take our natural pledge seriously, scan the ingredients field to see
- UNIQUE MATTE FEEL - Enjoy hydrated, moisturized skin with no greasy feeling after application
- SKIN CARE DESIGNED AND CRAFTED BY HUMANS WHO CARE - We genuinely care about your skin and health
- Using tea tree oil for acne is a centuries old natural remedy that still works today. Our face moisturizer for oily skin is perfect for blemishes, blackheads, cystic acne, redness and combination...
- Extra Strength Nourishing Formula- Most acne treatments are too harsh on the skin, leading to irritation, redness or dry skin. Our facial cream is formulated to soothe, nourish and hydrate oily skin,...
- Ingredients Your Skin Will Love. We combine powerful natural and organic ingredients to nourish and balance the skin, including: St. John's Wort, Pomegranate Seed Oil, Salicylic Acid, Zinc, Burdock...
- As Safe as It Is Effective. Our natural face cream is non comedogenic, cruelty free and vegan friendly. To make sure people with sensitive skin can use it, it's also paraben free, non-toxic, no...
The Problem with Most Face Moisturizers
Essentially, most facial moisturizers contain any number or toxic and unnatural ingredients. Let’s check out some of the most concerning ingredients many brands use in their products.
1,4 Dioxane is a very popular ingredient in many lotions and moisturizers – and it sounds like a scary chemical formula, right? This ingredient can also be listed on the ingredient list as PEG or any number of ingredients ending in “eth” or “oxynol.” According to the EPA, 1,4 Dioxane is a probable human carcinogen and is very easily absorbed by the skin, which is potential dangerous considering you are slathering it all over your face.
Formaldehyde. Isn’t that used to preserve dead bodies you ask? Well, yes! You would be correct. Formaldehyde should be nowhere near your face moisturizer, yet it is a common ingredient in many brands. This highly toxic ingredient is a known human carcinogen.
Parabens(put in link to Best Foundations – talks about parabens) are also very commonly used as a preservative.
These are just a few of the extensive list of ingredients that are often included in face moisturizers. Here is a great article to learn about even more!
How to Choose a Natural Face Moisturizer
Products that only have a small or limited amount of ingredients are always the best. The fewer ingredients, the less room there is for anything concerning. Stick with ingredients you can pronounce and actually know what they are – usually, this means they are naturally derived. If you are ever unsure about the safety of a product, crosscheck each ingredient of concern on the EWG Skin Deep database. When you search an ingredient it will give you a score (1-10) and break down the ingredient into the biggest areas of concern (like cancer, organ system toxicity, etc.) and overall concern.
Look for labels like cruelty-free, USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO project verified seal, no parabens, no petroleum, no sulfates, etc. These are often key phrases that can help you narrow down the search for a great moisturizer. Never trust brands and packages that say “natural” or “made with natural and organic ingredients,” as they can still contain a massive amount of chemicals and toxic ingredients.
The 5 Best Natural and Organic Moisturizers:
Now that you have an understanding of the dangers of many face moisturizers and some key factors to look for, here are the Top 5 best natural and/or organic face moisturizers.
This fantastic brand is committed to keeping their products 100% pure so you can feel 100% confident in what you are putting on your skin. This face moisturizer will thoroughly protect against signs of aging and other environmental damages. It is filled with natural antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients to keep your skin super hydrated and healthy.
This face cream is formulated without harsh detergents, synthetic preservatives, chemicals, or artificial fragrances. Many of the ingredients are also certified organic.
This is an organic and natural face cream that is made with 85% certified organic ingredients and 95% natural. This moisturizer is completely fragrance-free and color-free. It features aloe extract, lavender, and rosemary for ultimate hydration.
This product is also EWG Verified and receives an overall score of only 1!
If you love the smell of roses you will fall in love with this flowery moisturizer. It’s filled with organic rose oils, avocado oil, camellia oil, and shea butter, which are all fantastic for superior hydration. This moisturizer is non-toxic, biodegradable, vegan, cruelty-free, and 100% plant-based. Every single ingredient on the short list of ingredients is familiar, with many ingredients derived from foods like coconut, basil, rosemary, corn, and avocados.
Graydon Green Cream is a super lightweight formula made from, you guessed it, greens! This moisturizer features healthful ingredients such as broccoli, avocado, coconut, olive, aloe, and other fresh green herbs!
This moisturizer’s most unique ingredient is broccoli seed oil. Sulforaphane is found within the broccoli seed and it provides intense antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to help fight free radical damage.
There are no sulfates, parabens, gluten, or other toxic ingredients. This product, again, is EWG verified with an overall rating of 1.
Organic shea butter, organic rosehip seed oil, vitamin E – this is the ingredient list. That is it, nothing more. This amazing and simple face cream has the least amount of ingredients out of all the other moisturizers. This is also the only face cream that is USDA Certified organic.
It is very thick and moisturizing so a little bit goes a long way! If you really want something that is 100% organic, has very limited ingredients, and nothing too fancy, this is the best option for you.
Your face and skin define who you are and how you feel about yourself. It is absolutely necessary to treat them with the proper care and attention. When choosing a face moisturizer, make sure you stick with natural and organic face creams with healthy ingredients. They should be free of toxic chemicals and synthetic preservatives. With the 5 options above, you are sure to feel safe and confident in anyone you choose!
Make Your Own Natural Moisturizer:
Properly hydrated skin is happy and healthy skin. Make sure your moisturizer gives you skin the love it deserves with natural/organic products.
You asked and we answered. You can now publish our content on your blog, free of charge. Read More.