Properly hydrated skin is happy and healthy skin! Face moisturizers are an essential part of a great skin care routine. After washing your face with a cleanser, it is always important to replace any moisture that was stripped from your face by the cleanser and water.
However, it is important to note not every face moisturizer is created equal. Many moisturizers that you buy in the grocery store, beauty stores, and pharmacies are filled to the brim with preservatives, chemicals, and synthetic ingredients. You don’t want your moisturizer to give you cancer or disrupt your hormone function, so finding healthy and safe options are a must.
The 5 Best Selling Natural Moisturizers:
- Concerned by maturing skin on your face and neck? Dry patches? Fine lines, wrinkles and crow's feet? Our organic, anti-aging. anti-wrinkle facial moisturizer hydrates and softens delicate facial skin...
- We use only the best premium moisturizing ingredients like Rose Distillate, Aloe Vera, Vitamin C & E, Orange Extract and other essential oils and antioxidants leaving you looking youthful and radiant.
- Great for all skin types including oily, sensitive, acne prone and combination. Our non-greasy advanced formula fully absorbs quickly and leaves no residue and won't clog pores. Our healing cream can...
- Do you have age spots or damaged skin? Hyper-pigmentation, scaring or redness? Our cream heals, repairs, calms and brightens giving you an even skin tone and smooth, radiant skin!
- LOOKING FOR A RETINOL CREAM that delivers dramatic results without the irritation, redness, dryness and flaking commonly associated with other retinol moisturizers. Contains vitamin c, hyaluronic acid...
- COLD PROCESSED SKINCARE is better for your skin and provides a much more natural formulation than other so-called natural skincare brands. OZNaturals Cold Processed skincare is purer, cleaner and more...
- GUARANTEED TO WORK OR YOUR MONEY BACK - We're confident you'll love OZNaturals products. However, if within 30 days you're not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we'll provide you with a full refund,...
- PATENTED BIOPRESERVE COMPLEX eliminates the need for traditional, harmful preservatives like Phenoxyethanol or Sodium Benzoate. Unlike 99% of other skincare brands, OZNaturals formulas will never...
- Enriched with 100% Pure Natural Hemp Seed Oil
- Paraben-Free, Gluten-Free, 100% Vegan, THC-free
- Shea Butter and Ginseng help calm and soothe skin. Floral and banana fragrance
- Vitamins A, C and E help protect skin from natural and environmentally triggered oxidants
- FOURTH GENERATION FORMULA: Coconut Oil Has Been Replaced with Organic Sunflower Oil (nut-free and no odd smell); All Skin Types: Apply Once, for All Day Moisture, Even After Washing
- NO GREASY RESIDUE: Developed by Doctors Using Clinical-Grade, Organic Moisturizers
- NOTICEABLY SOFTER SKIN: Lightweight Formula Enriched with Vitamin E and Organic Shea Butter for deep hydration
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS: No silicones, parabens, dyes, fragrances, phthalates, formaldehyde, PEG, petrochemicals, nut-based ingredients, animal by-products, or harsh chemicals
- POWERFUL RESTORATIVE ANTI AGING FORMULA - Supercharged blend with 15% Vitamin C and potent antioxidants combine with Vitamin B5, MSM, Pure Organic Jojoba Oil and Green Tea for a lightweight,...
- THE DIFFERENCE in skin care treatment with TruSkin Natural Vitamin C Anti aging facial moisturizer is striking. In addition to this face creams powerful antiaging properties, men & women have reported...
- THE BENEFITS OF VITAMIN C are unparalleled - A powerhouse antioxidant known for brightening skin tone and diminishing signs of sun damage like Dark Spots, Sun Spots, Age Spots , and Hyperpigmentation,...
- HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS - This concentrated face moisturizer is surprisingly gentle and the perfect solution for even the most sensitive skin types. CRUELTY FREE, Paraben-Free, Corn-Free,...
The Problem with Most Face Moisturizers
Essentially, most facial moisturizers contain any number or toxic and unnatural ingredients. Let’s check out some of the most concerning ingredients many brands use in their products.
1,4 Dioxane is a very popular ingredient in many lotions and moisturizers – and it sounds like a scary chemical formula, right? This ingredient can also be listed on the ingredient list as PEG or any number of ingredients ending in “eth” or “oxynol.” According to the EPA, 1,4 Dioxane is a probable human carcinogen and is very easily absorbed by the skin, which is potential dangerous considering you are slathering it all over your face.
Formaldehyde. Isn’t that used to preserve dead bodies you ask? Well, yes! You would be correct. Formaldehyde should be nowhere near your face moisturizer, yet it is a common ingredient in many brands. This highly toxic ingredient is a known human carcinogen.
Parabens(put in link to Best Foundations – talks about parabens) are also very commonly used as a preservative.
These are just a few of the extensive list of ingredients that are often included in face moisturizers. Here is a great article to learn about even more!
How to Choose a Natural Face Moisturizer
Products that only have a small or limited amount of ingredients are always the best. The fewer ingredients, the less room there is for anything concerning. Stick with ingredients you can pronounce and actually know what they are – usually, this means they are naturally derived. If you are ever unsure about the safety of a product, crosscheck each ingredient of concern on the EWG Skin Deep database. When you search an ingredient it will give you a score (1-10) and break down the ingredient into the biggest areas of concern (like cancer, organ system toxicity, etc.) and overall concern.
Look for labels like cruelty-free, USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO project verified seal, no parabens, no petroleum, no sulfates, etc. These are often key phrases that can help you narrow down the search for a great moisturizer. Never trust brands and packages that say “natural” or “made with natural and organic ingredients,” as they can still contain a massive amount of chemicals and toxic ingredients.
The 5 Best Natural and Organic Moisturizers:
Now that you have an understanding of the dangers of many face moisturizers and some key factors to look for, here are the Top 5 best natural and/or organic face moisturizers.
This fantastic brand is committed to keeping their products 100% pure so you can feel 100% confident in what you are putting on your skin. This face moisturizer will thoroughly protect against signs of aging and other environmental damages. It is filled with natural antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients to keep your skin super hydrated and healthy.
This face cream is formulated without harsh detergents, synthetic preservatives, chemicals, or artificial fragrances. Many of the ingredients are also certified organic.
This is an organic and natural face cream that is made with 85% certified organic ingredients and 95% natural. This moisturizer is completely fragrance-free and color-free. It features aloe extract, lavender, and rosemary for ultimate hydration.
This product is also EWG Verified and receives an overall score of only 1!
If you love the smell of roses you will fall in love with this flowery moisturizer. It’s filled with organic rose oils, avocado oil, camellia oil, and shea butter, which are all fantastic for superior hydration. This moisturizer is non-toxic, biodegradable, vegan, cruelty-free, and 100% plant based. Every single ingredient on the short list of ingredients is familiar, with many ingredients derived from foods like coconut, basil, rosemary, corn, and avocados.
Graydon Green Cream is a super lightweight formula made from, you guessed it, greens! This moisturizer features healthful ingredients such as broccoli, avocado, coconut, olive, aloe, and other fresh green herbs!
This moisturizer’s most unique ingredient is broccoli seed oil. Sulforaphane is found within the broccoli seed and it provides intense antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to help fight free radical damage.
There are no sulfates, parabens, gluten, or other toxic ingredients. This product, again, is EWG verified with an overall rating of 1.
Organic shea butter, organic rosehip seed oil, vitamin E – this is the ingredient list. That is it, nothing more. This amazing and simple face cream has the least amount of ingredients out of all the other moisturizers. This is also the only face cream that is USDA Certified organic.
It is very thick and moisturizing so a little bit goes a long way! If you really want something that is 100% organic, has very limited ingredients, and nothing too fancy, this is the best option for you.
Your face and skin define who you are and how you feel about yourself. It is absolutely necessary to treat them with the proper care and attention. When choosing a face moisturizer, make sure you stick with natural and organic face creams with healthy ingredients. They should be free of toxic chemicals and synthetic preservatives. With the 5 options above, you are sure to feel safe and confident in anyone you choose!
Make Your Own Natural Moisturizer:
Properly hydrated skin is happy and healthy skin. Make sure your moisturizer gives you skin the love it deserves with natural/organic products.