Eyeshadows are fun because you can find them in so many different and unique colors. You can go with neutral and muted colors, shimmer and sparkle, or even bright vibrant colors! However, just like with all other makeup, you must be careful with the kind you purchase. Eyeshadow is filled with artificial colors, chemicals, and toxic ingredients. Your eyes are one of the most precious and sensitive parts of your body, so you need to treat them with an extreme amount of care!
The 5 Best Selling Natural Eyeshadows:
- The LAMORA EXPOSED Eyeshadow Pallete is inspired by woman´s feminine and gentle side - Created with ingredients of the highest quality and the most updated ultra-micronized, luxuriously pigmented...
- A HARMONY OF LUSTROUS HUES in colorful rose gold and royally dark browns for shimmery natural and dramatic glamour looks. Choose from every finish imaginable. We're giving you infinite new ways to get...
- PERFECT FOR THE EVERYDAY GIRL, SPECIAL EVENTS or occasions. Use shimmery highlights and refine the fall look for an unforgettable evening. Light eyeshadow base or eyelid primer will help to get the...
- PRO ESSENTIAL MINERAL NATURAL COLOR RANGE with outstanding matte, metallic, satin and shimmering earth tones. Its glamorous vibrant NUDE SHADES - from soft beige to luscious chocolatey hazel brown -...
- Dimensional shimmers
- Smoothest mattes
- Major pigments
- Magnetic case includes mirror and double-sided eyeshadow applicator
- Four universally-flattering shades that will quickly become your go-to palette. HIGHLY PIGMENTED powders that apply evenly and BLEND WELL to create crease-proof, soft-textured looks that lasts all...
- Colors include: Porcelain (matte very pale pink), Cameo (matte warm pale rose), Canterbury (matte light dusty plum), Tippy Taupe (brownish grey/plum with shimmer)
- Gluten Free, Vegan, Paraben Free, Cruelty Free. NO petroleum-based oils, alcohol, talc, fillers, fragrances, preservatives and chemical dyes; enriched with botanicals and vitamins
- The product will come as 4 round shadow pans individually packaged (for greater protection during shipping) along with our empty RECYCLABLE and REFILLABLE palette. Simply remove the pans from their...
- 100% vegan & cruelty-free
- Colors Included: Nude, Sentimental, Touched, Rapture, Madly Deeply, Even Nuder, Vapid, Moonstruck, Roused, Lightness of Being
- Highly pigmented mineral eyeshadows in a range of your new super wearable, favorite colors.
- Coconut water infused
- UNLEASH YOUR CREATIVE LICENSE: Liberate your artistic side and have some fun! You'll be creating a range of looks, from modest to model, in no time
- TAKE ME ANYWHERE: The carefully selected palette with a full-width mirror and two double-ended applicators/blender are perfect for applying or touching up on the go
- A RANGE OF SHADES: Lustrous hues await you, for looks that can range from subtle glow to dramatic glamour, from modest to popping
- PUT YOUR BEST FACE FORWARD: Don't be fooled by how compact it is; you've got all the tools you need to create a range of looks. Whether playing it neutral by day or bold by night, you've got all...
What to Avoid in Eyeshadow and How to Buy Natural
Just like the many other posts about unnatural and chemical laden makeup we have posted about, many of the same things can be said about conventional eye shadow. To check out some essential information about the dangers of makeup and some of the top ingredients to avoid, check out our posts about mascara and foundation! There, you can also learn all about how to best choose a natural or organic makeup brand or product.
Here are some of the highlights and most important information from the two articles.
How They Affect Your Body
Using toxic ingredients every single day can be so harmful because those ingredients are absorbed directly into your bloodstream. Eye shadow is also used directly on the eyelid and the areas around the eye, which is one of the most sensitive parts of the body. The safety and health of your eyes is important and something you do not want to take the risk of damaging. You use your eyes for so many different things on a day-to-day basis and willingly using chemicals that can affect your very necessary and sensitive eyes is not the best idea.
Toxic ingredients and chemicals are not worth the risk of how harmful they can be to your body. It is especially unnecessary because you can easily find and use healthy and natural alternatives that will not pose any damage to your eyes in the long run.
It is important to seek natural organic and cleaner alternatives so you can avoid all potential risks. There are heaps of clean options available and more options available every day, so you have no excuse to not find something that is natural and safe to use on your eyes!
How To Choose Natural Eye Shadow
Now we will discuss some tips for find natural and organic eyeshadows so you can find some really great and healthy options for your next purchase. Many eyeshadows can claim they are natural or “uses natural ingredients.” However, that doesn’t mean they are actually natural – it could still be loaded with chemicals and toxic ingredients. Since cosmetics are not fully regulated, cosmetic companies are not obligated by the law to fully disclose what they put in their makeup. This means that they would only need to use one single naturally derived ingredient in their products, with the rest being chemicals, and they could claim they use natural ingredients. Obviously, this is very misleading and the other ingredients can still pose lots of risk to your body and health.
It is essential to be mindful of these gimmicky labels in beauty stores because much of the time they are not actually going to mean anything. Their marketing goal is to make potential customers think they are buying something healthier and cleaner when in reality their product is just as bad as any other conventional brand on the market.
With this in mind, you must read the ingredient list and keep an eye out for any ingredients that may be of concern. One of the best and easiest rules to remember is if you cannot pronounce an ingredient or have no idea what the ingredient is, you may want to steer clear of that product. Often, a laundry list of ingredients is a red flag as well and all of those ingredients are unnecessary. Try and find eye shadow with as little ingredients as possible and where the color in those eyeshadows comes from natural color sources like fruits, veggies, and minerals.
The 5 Best Natural and Organic Eyeshadows:
Now that we know a little bit more about what to look out for and what to avoid in your eye shadow and other beauty products, let’s dive right into the 5 best natural and organic eyeshadows, which are filled with beneficial and healthy ingredients!
This EWG Verified cream eye shadow is gluten-free, cruelty-free, and completely vegan. It is also made with over 95% certified organic ingredients, is naturally colored with micas and doesn’t have Carmine or any type of artificial colors. Sally B’s ingredient list simply includes:
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Organic Cocoa Butter
- Organic Camellia Oil
- Organic Beeswax
- Infused Organic Calendula Oil
- Vitamin E (Non-GMO, soy-based)
Only a few simple and pure ingredients make up this fabulous eye shadow so you can feel completely confident in using this product. This cream eye color is best used at the lash line or lightly spread over the eyelid for some light coverage. Cream eye shadow made with natural colors is one of the best ways to get a highly pigmented makeup look on your eyes since the colors will be thicker and look much more intense on the eyes.
Mineral Fusion’s eye shadow features rich and long-lasting color. Each trio pack has 3 different beautiful colors in just about any color scheme you want. You can choose matte colors, shimmer and sparkle, smoky eyes, pale neutral colors, and much more! There are fun and natural colors that everyone will love. It can be challenging to find pretty natural eye shadow with the right amount of shimmer and sparkle and these shadow trios will do just that!
These eyeshadows contain age-defying ingredients like pomegranate, white tea, red tea, and sea kelp to protect against free radical damage. Just like all other Mineral Fusion products, these eyeshadows are paraben-free, cruelty-free, gluten-free, fragrance-free, phthalate-free, contain no artificial colors, talc, and are hypoallergenic. This is a clean brand that you will definitely love.
Batty’s Bath eyeshadows are richly colored pressed mineral based colors. They have a modern shimmery color, but without the sparkle for those of you looking for something a little more subtle. You can apply these shadows wet for a more color-rich look. They are super bendable so you can create any kind of look you want. It is really nice you can put them on dry to be subtle and pretty or put them on wet to give you a fun and dramatic nighttime look.
And what is the best part about these shadows? They only have 4 ingredients – mica, zinc oxide, kaolin, and organic coconut oil. It is hard to get much simpler and more natural than that. Furthermore, none of the ingredients in their shadows are non-micronized. For more detailed information on what non-micronized means, read this article.
Daisy Blue eyeshadows come in 4 simple, earthy colors for those of you natural look lovers. Deep rich brown, shimmery gold, shimmery neutral, and white shimmery stardust are about as natural as they get and will give you the perfect earthy look.
Again, this company only uses mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, and zinc oxide in their eyeshadows. They are cruelty and gluten free, 100% natural, and free of artificial fragrance, sulfates, and phosphate. On the EWG Skin Deep database, this eye shadow only receives a low score of 1.
Deep rich colors are what these eyeshadows are all about. The fact they are from Italy and are certified organic is also a huge bonus! Their gorgeous shadows are produced without petroleum’s, parabens, artificial colors, and fragrances, or petrochemical emulsifiers. They are never tested on animals and some of their colors are 100% vegan.
Some of their special ingredients include bamboo, which is abundant in naturally occurring silicone to help the collagen in our skin stay firm. Honeysuckle is antibacterial and is used as a natural preservative, and Gardenia Florida extract is a powerful antioxidant great for the skin. These eye shadows come in a wide range of colors from simple, classic neutrals to rich blues and deep greens!
Searching for gorgeous eyeshadows that are healthy, natural, and have organic ingredients shouldn’t be a hassle. There are tons of great natural eye shadow options to choose from that are good for your skin and body and will make your eyes pop. Hopefully, these Top 5 organic and natural eye shadows will fit exactly what you are looking for. With these five options, you can know what you’re putting on your eyes are safe.
How to Apply Eyeshadow Perfectly Every Time
Eyeshadow is a fun way to play up your eyes. But what about all of the harsh chemicals in most products? Check out of the top 5 organic/natural eyeshadows.
You asked and we answered. You can now publish our content on your blog, free of charge. Read More.