Not all natural and organic mascaras are created equal. Some will work wonders in giving you full and lushes lashes, while others will leave them flaky and brittle due to lack of chemical formulations that help keep conventional mascara moist. But don’t let that scare you; we have a list of the 5 Best Organic and Natural Mascaras below.
The 5 Best Selling Natural Mascaras:
- BEAUTIFUL LASHES -- NO HARMFUL CHEMICALS -Our mascara is Natural, 85% Organic and it is Cruelty FREE. Our ingredients help to beautify and nourish your lashes and not harm them.
- GREAT FOR SENSITIVE EYES - Our mascara is Paraben FREE, Dye FREE, Gluten FREE, & Dye FREE making it the perfect mascara for sensitive eyes.
- STRENGTHENS & CONDITIONS - Our nourishing formula contains both Chamomile and Sunflower Oil. Both are known for moisturizing and strengthening hair and our naturally enriched, moisturizing formula is...
- LOOKING FOR A BOLD LOOK- Our mascara is a rich BLACK color making lashes bold and beautiful & it lasts all day with our water-resistant formula.
- 100% vegan & cruelty-free
- Available in 2 colors: Supernova (Black) & Stardust (Brown)
- Separates and builds volume
- Infused with coconut oil and vitamin B to hydrate and help strengthen
- PR1ME DAY FLASH SALE - Want to save an EXTRA 15% TODAY ONLY? Use Coupon Code at Checkout! PRIME444 - Why wait for SOFT, HEALTHY, LUSH LASHES? - 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
- ALL NATURAL ORGANIC MAKE UP - This mascara is non toxic and free of harmful chemicals. It is good for sensitive eyes and contact wearers and enriched with nourishing ingredients that promote eyelash...
- STAYS ON ALL DAY - This long lasting natural mascara is not waterproof, but it is water resistant and sweatproof. It is is easy to apply and easy to remove from your lashes at the end of the day.
- MAKES A GREAT GIFT - Give the gift of big sexy eyes! This mascara works great and makes a perfect gift for your mother, sister, wife, daughter or girlfriend, whatever the occasion!
- 100% Natural Origin Mascara
- Natural length, volume, and definition in an organic formula
- Hypoallergenic. Dermatologist Tested. Clinically Tested. Cruelty Free.
- ♥ NATURAL & BOTANICAL: Volume and Length with minimal clumps or smudges! Wouldn't it be nice to have mascara stay on your eye lashes where it belongs! NOW you can! | .3 oz. (standard size)
- ♥ TEAR RESISTANT & HYPOALLERGENIC: If most eye cosmetics irritate your eyes this one probably won't!
- ♥ NON TOXIC / SAFE: Made with Organic Ingredients | Non GMO | Cruelty Free | Vegan | Gluten Free | Paraben Free | Mercury Free | Toxin Free | Petroleum Free | Lead Free | Dy Free | Water Way Safe...
- ♥ LONG LASTING & BUILDABLE VOLUME: Longer, thicker lashes that look natural. Let dry completely between coats to thicken and lengthen even more.
- Two mascara tubes with convenient, easy-to-use applicator in Classic Black, perfect for all eye colors and skin tones
- 100% natural formula lengthens and defines lashes instantly for a beautiful look
- Made with Jojoba Oil and naturally moisturizing Glycerin to softly nourish lashes
- Gentle enough for the delicate eye area; safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers; also available in Black Brown
- You'll love the defined, full lash fringe you get with our gentle FlowerColor Natural Mascara
- Feel good and look great with our vegan, gluten free, fragrance free and paraben free mascara
- Comes with a mirror on each tube for easy application. Gentle on the eyes and easy to remove
- Our natural makeup combines clean beauty and superior performance
- 24-hour wear
- 100% of the total ingredients are from natural origin, 70% of the total ingredients are from organic farming, cruelty-free
- Hypoallergenic, fragrance free, safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers, ophthalmologist approved
- Silky, lash-defining, naturally looking mascara. Smooth, light-as-a-feather base boasts zero clumping. Formula is botanically enriched to condition lashes from base to tip.
- No flaking or smudging. Water-resistant, Work-out proof, NOT waterproof.
- Made proudly in the USA with certified organic ingredients.
- Certified GF and vegan
- This 2-in-1 primer and mascara works together for lush length and volume
- A genius primer coats lashes to create an even base and intensify color
- Rich mascara lays down smoothly for dramatic length and sky-high lift
- Specially molded bristles help define every last lash for expert definition
Harmful and Toxic Ingredients
Most ingredients in conventional mascara will leave you scratching your head and feeling uncertain about its safety.
Some of the most harmful ingredients in mascara are parabens, aluminum powder, propylene glycol, and retinyl acetate. These ingredients pose risk to your body’s estrogen levels, cellular and biochemical changes in your cells, and can even have neurotoxic consequences. Even though you may get those perfect lashes with your favorite conventional mascara, it is certainly not worth the risk to your health. Plus, there are heaps of natural and organic mascaras on the market that do just as good of a job, if not better, than regular mascara!
How They Affect Your Body
Using these ingredients on a daily basis, these harmful ingredients are absorbed directly into your bloodstream. Mascara is also used very close to the eyes – one of the most sensitive and essential parts of the body. The safety and healthy of your eyes is imperative and something one should not be willingly and opening posing risk to. You need those beautiful eyes to do pretty much everything in your daily life, so treat them right.
Using toxic ingredients and chemicals are not worth the risk it poses to your body, especially when you can easily find and use healthy and natural alternatives. It is important to seek natural, organic, and healthier alternatives. Luckily, there are plenty of clean options available and more options becoming available on the market every day.
How To Choose a Natural Mascara
There are a few important tips to keep in mind when searching for your new natural mascara. Many mascaras claim they are natural or “uses natural ingredients.” However, that doesn’t mean they areactually natural – it could still be loaded with chemicals and toxic ingredients. Since cosmetics are not fully regulated, cosmetic companies are not required to fully disclose what is in their products. Therefore, all it takes is for one natural ingredient to be used in the mascara, such as coconut oil, and they can claim they use “natural ingredients.” Of course, the use of one natural ingredient doesn’t make up for the host of other chemicals used in the product. It is essential to be mindful of these gimmicky labels in beauty stores. These brands are purposely trying to have their customers fall for those labels, so don’t be one of them.
Read the ingredient list and keep an eye out for any of the above ingredients. A fantastic rule of thumb to remember is if you cannot pronounce an ingredient or have no idea what the ingredient is, you may want to steer clear of that product. Often, a laundry list of ingredients is a red flag as well and all of those ingredients are unnecessary. Try and find a mascara with as little ingredients as possible.
The 5 Best Natural and Organic Face Mascaras:
Below are the Top 5 Natural and Organic Mascaras available. Each mascara is completely natural, use organic ingredients when possible, and are free of toxic ingredients. Your lashes will love them and your body and eyes will surely thank you.
Endlessly beautiful Mascara features 100% natural ingredients, 85% of which are certified organic. Although not all of their ingredients are certified organic, that doesn’t mean the product is worth throwing aside. You can still get a quality and healthy product even if it is not USDA certified organic.
This formula is free of unnatural colors, fragrances, and preservatives. The ingredient list is minimal and consists of ingredients you have actually heard of – like water, grapefruit seed oil, and coffee powder for natural and powerful color. The formula is designed to keep your lashes clump-free and won’t smudge or flake off, which is a very common issue with organic and natural mascaras.
Rejuva Minerals Pur Lash Mascara is as natural and clean as mascara can get. Rejuva Minerals has been given the EWG’s (Environmental Working Group) Skin Deep Verification seal. The EWG is one of the world’s largest databases that rate the safety of common ingredients in beauty products. Each ingredient goes through a rigid testing and scoring process. Products that become verified and receive the stamp of approval from the EWG are the highest quality and safest products in the cosmetic industry. Mostly all of Rejuva Minerals products are EWG verified as well, so check out their other awesome beauty products too.
Rejuva’s Pur Lash avoids all ingredients of concern, contains minimal ingredients, and will keep your lashes healthy and strong. No worrying about parabens, mica, titanium dioxide, GMO’s, or anything artificial. The plastic tube is even BPA and phthalate free! If you are looking for an affordable, super healthy, and lash volumizing mascara, gives this wonderful product a shot.
If you are looking for full, bold, and fluffy lashes, look no further! This Expressionist Mascara has received numerous awards, from Elle and Allure for the best mascara. W3ll People have created a mascara that is chemical-free, petroleum-free, contains no parabens, tars, fibers, or aluminum. It’s also gluten-free for those who are sensitive to gluten.
You can also feel good about this mascara since it is GMO-free, EWG Verified, and produced with sustainable energy practices. W3ll People is a fantastic company that doesn’t just care about pure and healthy skincare and makeup, but they really do care about our environment and beautiful planet as well.
It is one of the best mascaras in the beauty industry for a reason, even beating out the most popular conventional mascaras from brands like Dior, Urban Decay, and tons more. Essentially, there is no reason to notswitch out your favorite toxic mascara for this one. We really think you need to give this amazing mascara a try.
No Butyl Acetate, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, DEA, Urea, Ethyl Acetate, Parabens, Petrolatum, Phthalates, propylene Glycol, sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Toluene, Triethanolamine. Phew! That’s a ton of ingredients you don’t have to worry about with this mascara.
This mascara is also comprised of 99.8% organic ingredients to ensure you are putting the healthiest ingredients on your lashes. It is challenging to find mascara with such a high percentage of organic ingredients, so if certified organic ingredients are high on your priority list, this is a great option for you. This mascara is easy to put on, smooth, and clump-free. Overall, the ingredient list, organic ingredients used, and the way the mascara goes on and looks is worth the price and may be your new favorite brand to use.
This is a mascara full of conditioners for long and full lashes. It separates lashes for an incredibly luscious look and keeps your lashed looking soft and full for the most sultry eyes you could ever want. What is truly unique about this mascara is that it’s completely fruit pigmented and there are absolutely no artificial colors. Its tint comes from black tea, berry, and cocoa pigments – talk about healthy and delicious! (Don’t eat it of course).
The ingredient list here is a bit longer, but most of those are natural extracts that will give you strong and healthy lashes – so nothing to fear. Although we say to avoid long ingredient lists, this mascara just goes to show that there is always an exception to the rule. If your product has a long ingredient list, but it is full of natural, healthy, and organic ingredients, the long list rule can be put aside for the time being.
Take a deep breath – you have now learned all about conventional toxic mascara, what it does to your body, what to avoid, and what to look for in natural, clean mascaras! Sure, it can be a little overwhelming, but one you know what to look for and find an brand and product you like, it will be smooth sailing from there.
Our Top 5 mascaras are some of the best natural and organic options on the market and you are sure to find something to fit your needs. Searching for healthy mascara can feel daunting and overwhelming with so much to look for and consider. Our list takes out all of the dirty work (literally) so you can feel confident in your next mascara purchase! It is always fun to try out and find new mascara, so take some time and work your way through this list. Hopefully, you will find that healthy mascara from your dreams!
You asked and we answered. You can now publish our content on your blog, free of charge. Read More.