Organic and natural face wash can be super expensive to buy online or from the store. If you are looking to save some money and still want to use a high-quality and healthy face wash, why not make your own at home? Making your own will save you a ton of money in the long run and you get to customize your face wash any way you want.
There are only a few simple ingredients you will need to make this face wash.
What You Need
- ¼ cup of liquid castile soap, unscented
- 1 cup of filtered water
- A bottle to store your face wash
- 10 drops of essential oil of your choice
What Essential Oils Should You Use?
There are a ton of essential oils you can choose from to add to your homemade face wash. Different oils have different benefits, so choose the ones that you feel your skin needs the most. This is not an exhaustive list of oils you can use in your face wash. Check out this article for more beneficial essential oils for the skin.
- Frankincense – helps with dark marks and hyperpigmentation, tones and tightens skin.
- Lavender – soothing for irritated skin, can help with acne, helps with scarring and dark marks.
- Tea tree oil – antibacterial, great for acne, regulates oil production.
- Peppermint – can help heal dry skin and clear breakouts, great for opening up pores.
- Ylang yalng – controls oil production, helps breakout, smoothes fine lines.
- Fill you empty and clean bottle with the castile soap, filtered water, and essential oil(s) of choice.
- You can add more essential oils drops to your face wash if you are looking for something a bit more powerful. Don’t add more than 15 drops, however.
- Shake the bottle to combine the ingredients.
- Before use, wet you face with warm water and re-shake the bottle to make sure the oils and soap combine. They will wind up separating in the bottle while sitting.
- Use about a dime-sized amount of face wash to wash your face and/or neck.
- Rinse thoroughly when done.
- This face wash is shelf-stable and will keep on your bathroom counter.
If you are looking for the best already made natural and organic face wash, check out our post, here.
How to Video
This article was last updated on May 6, 2022 .