Face toners are a great way to target acne, deeply cleanse your pores, even skin tone, and reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, dark marks, and so much more. However, sometimes you don’t want to spend a fortune on store bought face toners or maybe you just feel like making your own homemade version! DIY’ing a face toner allows you to make exactly what you want, customize the toner’s skin benefits, and ensure ultimate freshness of the product.
This super simple and effective raw apple cider vinegar face toner is perfect for most skin types. However, you may want to avoid this toner if you have large, sore breakouts because it will sting and cause further irritation.
If you don’t want to DIY, check out some of the best natural and organic face serums, here.
- Raw apple cider vinegar has tons of calcium, potassium, malic acid, and pectin, which become even more powerful during the fermentation process raw ACV undergoes.
- ACV is antiseptic and antibacterial, which may help with breakouts and acne.
- ACV balances your skin pH level.
- AVC opens up your pores and helps loosen and break apart dead skin cells.
- ACV lightens up dark marks, sunspots and damage, acne scars, and more.
- ACV removes excess oils from the face and can help wash away any remaining makeup on your face after cleansing.
- You will need to gather raw ACV – preferably organic, filtered water, and a bottle to store your toner in.
- Gather option ingredients for your toner if you so choose (essential oils like lavender, tea tree, frankincense, etc.)
- Mix 1 part ACV to 2 parts filtered water – you can choose the measurements you want. If you are looking for a large amount of toner you can do ½ cup vinegar to 1 cup of your filtered water.
- Add any optional add-ins of your choice.
- Shake the contents of your container to mix water and ACV together.
- This is a shelf stable product and doesn’t require any refrigeration.
- When you are ready o use your DIY toner, squeeze some of the toner onto a cotton ball or cotton pad. Run over the face and neck. Do not rinse off your toner. This can be applies multiple times throughout the day is desired.
How to Video
This article was last updated on January 23, 2018 .