Making your own face mist toner is something super easy to do and it is fun to make and experiment with new ingredients. A face mist can keep your skin lightly hydrated, moist, toned, will keep you feeling fresh all day long. Using a mist is a great option for the summer time when you do not want to lather heavy creams all over your face and want to keep your skin feeling light and fresh.
For this face mist, we have included ingredients that will keep your skin lightly moisturised in the summer heat, is lightweight and won’t clog your pores, and will also help tone your skin (reduce any red marks or discolouration) and feel refreshing on your skin.
Aloe vera will keep your skin naturally hydrated and fresh. The aloe is also such a great addition to this mist because it is great to moisturise your skin after being out in the sun all day. It will also help to soothe sunburn. Note that the lavender oil may burn your skin if your sunburn is very bad. The lavender essential oil will help fight redness, acne, and is soothing on the skin as well.
- Clean out your new mist bottle with soap and hot water to make sure it is safe and clean for use.
- Fill up your mist bottle about ¾ of the way with purified water.
- Add in your aloe vera gel almost to the top of the bottle, but not so much it will overflow once you put the spray lid on.
- Add in as many drops of the lavender essential oil as you want. You will want to start with a few drops and test it to make sure you have the right level of potency to fit your needs and desires. Essential oils are very potent, so adding more is much easier than diluting your mixture.
- Give it a good shake and spray over your face throughout the day as much as you want! This mist is shelf stable and will keep for a long white just in your bathroom cabinet.
DIY Aloe Face Mist Video:
This article was last updated on May 6, 2022 .