Facial scrubs are an awesome way to exfoliate your skin, moisturize it, and keep your skin looking fresh and glowing. It will also make you skin so soft and help your makeup to go on smoother. Pre-made sugar scrubs can be quite expensive and many of they have additives that just aren’t necessary. Luckily, you can make your own facial scrub at home with just 3 ingredients that your likely have in your pantry already. And if you don’t, they ingredients are easy to find and inexpensive.
This honey and coconut facial scrub is perfect because honey moisturizes your skin and is antibacterial, which will help keep your acne breakout at bay, honey can also help get rid of acne scars, dark marks, and hyperpigmentation. Coconut oil is another wonderful moisturizer and has antibacterial properties as well, again, great for acne and breakouts. Coconut oil is also very good at cleaning out your pores and washing away oil, dirt, and debris. Course sugar will exfoliate your skin and scrub away any dead skin cells just washing your face does not get rid of.
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup organic virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw organic honey, or regular organic honey if you don’t have raw
- Essential oils like lavender, tea tree, frankincense (optional)
- Measure your sugar and place it into a glass jar that has a secure lid.
- Add in your coconut oil. You do not have to melt the coconut oil and it is best to keep it in its solid state for best results.
- Mix the coconut oil and sugar until it is well combined and there are no huge lumps left.
- Add in your honey and mix until well incorporated.
- If you are adding in essential oil, mix them in as your final step. Essential oils are strong, so you do not have to go overboard. Only ad 1 to 2 drops of oils at a time until you get your desired fragrance.
- Seal with your lid and keep in a cool and dry location. Note that if you store this is a location that is warmer than around 75 degrees, you coconut oil will not longer be solid and it will become liquid-y. You will want to avoid this, as it will melt the sugar. If you must, you can keep the scrub in the fridge.
Coconut Oil and Honey Face Mask / Scrub Video:
This article was last updated on May 6, 2022 .