Making your own chap stick at home is a fun, easy, and safe alternative to buying already made chap stick in the store. You can control exactly what ingredients you use and what scents you want to make.
Making your own blend may seem challenging or intimidating, but it couldn’t be easier to do. In this post, we will show you how to make your own soothing and healing lavender min chap stick. It only takes a few simple ingredients and steps to blend together your new favorite chap stick.
If you don’t feel like making your own chap stick today and you’re looking for a natural, safe, ready-made product then see our article about the best natural and organic face lipsticks.
What You Will Need
This recipe will make about 14 tubes of chap stick, you if you are looking to make less, adjust the measurements accordingly.
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 2 tablespoons unrefined shea butter
- 2 tablespoons virgin and unrefined coconut oil
- 15 drops peppermint or spearmint essential oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- Empty chap stick tubes (about 14)
- Take your beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter and melt together in a double boiler while stirring the mixture constantly. You can make a double boiler by taking a small pot and filling the pot with an inch or so of water, place a glass bowl on top on pot, but make sure it doesn’t touch the boiling/simmering water.
- Once it is melted, take the double boiler off the heat.
- Add your mint and lavender essential oils to the melted mixture and stir in.
- Take your dropper and add your chap stick mixture to the tubes until full. This step should be done fast as the mixture will start to harden quiet fast after it is taken off of the heat.
- Once all of your tubes are full, let them sit at room temperature or place in the fridge until the chap stick is completely cool and is fully hardened.
- Once hard, place the caps on tubes.
A Video Guide
This article was last updated on May 6, 2022 .