Sometimes buying cosmetics is fun and something trying your hand at some homemade DIY cosmetics can be super fun as well. Natural and organic tinted lip balms can often be expensive or maybe you can’t find any organic options at your local beauty or drug store. That is when a simple DIY tinted lip balm comes in handy!
Plus, making your own makeup ensure you are only using the very best ingredients, you can control what you put in it, and you can make the exact color you are looking to wear.
This rose colored DIR tinted lip balm is easy to make, uses easy to find natural ingredients, and provides the perfect amount of color to your lips. It is also super moisturizing and a great silky consistency.
If you are looking for richer color and don’t want to hunker down and DIY a tinted lip balm, check out our post on the best natural and organic lipsticks.
- Making you own makeup, like tinted lip balm can save you money and you can control exactly what is in the final product.
- You can create and customize your own color.
- It uses simple, natural, and organic ingredients and is a freshly handmade product.
- This is a smooth and glossy balm that it meant to provide a relatively sheer color to the lips.
- Shea butter, beeswax, and coconut oil will provide your lips with heaps of moisture, especially during the cold winter months.
- Optional essential oils will provide more healing benefits and a wonderful scent.
- Color comes from natural mica pigmentation.
- Gather you ingredients. You will need the following: organic virgin coconut oil, beeswax, unrefined shea butter, rose mica powder, and essential oil of choice – this is also an ingredient you can easily omit.
- Melt the coconut oil, beeswax, and the shea butter in a small glass jar or bowl in a pot of slightly simmering water. You don’t want boiling water. Stir gently with spoon until fully melted.
- When you mixture has completely melted, stir in your essential oils and mica colored powder.
- Transfer your mixture into a container of choice. You can either use a brand new container or reuse an old cleaned out lip balm tube or container.
- Once in the container, let the lip balm mixture cool and solidify. You can apply with your finger all throughout the day!