Face oils are a great alternative to lotions and moisturizers if you are looking for something that feels lighter and less heavy on the skin. It may sound counterproductive, but if you have oily, acne-prone skin, face oil may be the way to go. Using a face oil tricks your skin into thinking it already has enough oil producing naturally, so your skin will actually begin to produce less of its natural oils.
For you, this means less greasy and oily skin, which can lead to less sebum production and acne! Face oils are great to use in the extreme months like winter and summer. They will keep your skin from drying out, but won’t way down delicate skin on the face.
The 5 Best Selling Natural and Organic Face Oils:
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC ROSEHIP ESSENTIAL OIL - Kate Blanc's Organic Rosehip Seed Oil is certified by USDA and is guaranteed to be authentic, pure, natural, and hexane free. Unrefined Organic Rosehip...
- SMOOTHER SKIN & LESS ACNE SCARS: Coldpressed organic rose hip oil's unique anti-inflammatory properties reduce stretch marks, acne marks, fine lines and scars. It also help with dermatitis, acne and...
- ANTI-AGING SOLUTION: Rose hip oil is rich in omega-3, omega-6, and fatty acids. These vitamins gives your skin a youthful appearance by accelerating the skin's cellular activity and slow down your...
- REMOVE DANDRUFF: Cold pressed mosqueta rose hip oil is also great for hair and nails. Rose hip oil can reduce dandruff's flaking and itching. Kate Blanc's Rosehip Seed Essential Oil is Certified...
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC JOJOBA OIL by USDA - the strict oversight of USDA ensures the integrity of our Organic Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil. In other words, it's really 100% ORGANIC.
- 100% PURE, ONLY ONE INGREDIENT - Our Premium Jojoba Oil Organic is 100% Pure & Natural - No Additives, No Chemicals, No Alcohol, No Fragrance and Not Diluted (Jojoba Plant: Simmondsia Chinensis).
- CLIGANIC 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - RISK FREE! We put a lot of effort into manufacturing quality products that will meet our customers' expectations. And we stand behind every item that we make,...
- MULTIPURPOSE OIL, BEST BENEFITS - Best Jojoba Oil for Face, Hair & Body. The Jojoba Essential Oil has remarkable effects on the skin, scalp, beard and hair, and It can be used for all skin types....
- ALL NATURAL GOODNESS: Treat your skin, hair, & nails to an all-natural blend of 8 of the most nutrient-rich vegan essential oils. Amaki includes gluten-free certified organic evening primrose, argan,...
- EXPERIENCE UNRIVALED FRESHNESS: Unlike other oils on the market, every bottle of our Jasmine and Rose Essential Oil is lovingly and meticulously handcrafted in California with carefully handpicked...
- NON-GREASY & LIGHTWEIGHT: Great for oily, dry, or combination skin, our anti-aging face oil quickly gets absorbed without leaving a sticky feeling or causing any irritation. You can safely use this...
- ENJOY THE BENEFITS: This natural essential oils blend acts as an effective organic facial moisturizer, hair shine serum, and nail growth serum, helps reduce wrinkles, is a great way to remove dark...
- FOR ADDED DAILY PROTECTION: Daily toxins such as pollution or over-exposure to the sun can cause further damage to skin and hair. Antioxidants from Argan Oil add an extra layer of protection against...
- 100% PURE. 100% Pure Organic Argan Oil. Cold pressed, unrefined with no chemicals added.
- BODY, HAIR & FACE TREATMENT. This pure, natural, organic oil restores elasticity, softens wrinkles and fine lines, heals dry scalp stimulating hair regeneration, and restores nutrient content to skin...
- EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY. This 100% Argan Oil is manufactured using the highest industry standards.
- 🙌Fades dark spots & circles under eyes, moisturizes & heals damaged skin. UNSCENTED option available.
- 💪Get results TWICE AS FAST! d-alpha tocopherol (natural) has TWICE the power as dL-alpha tocopheryl.
- 🥑We took 100% PURE VITAMIN E OIL and infused it with organic jojoba, organic avocado, and organic rice bran oils - so you don't have to worry about this oil being too sticky.
- 👃NO SOYBEAN or other cheap oils used as carriers in this Vitamin E Oil. Plus wonderful essential oils that give you aromatherapy and calming benefits as well.
However, many face oils on the market are filled with harsh chemical ingredients, artificial fragrances, and alcohols. These are often irritating on your skin and can do much more hard than good. The skin on your face is thin and sensitive, so you must make sure you are treating yours properly. Sticking to pure, natural formulas will leave your skin and body healthy and give you more confidence you’re doing the right thing for your health. Plus, using natural products may even be easier on your wallet.
You may have to invest a bit more money in the product itself, but staying clear from harsh and irritating chemicals can save you from tireless and expensive trips to your dermatologist.
The Dangers of Most Face Oils
is a very common ingredient in many face oils. Mineral oil can create a film over your skin that prevents your skin from naturally releasing any toxin buildup. Of course, this will lead to clogged pores, acne, oil buildup, and even some unsightly rashes if you have skin that is sensitive. If you are having a hard to keeping your acne at bay, check the ingredient labels on your face products.
Mineral oil is one of the most common ingredients in face care products and may be the culprit of your clogged pores and acne. Additionally, mineral oil is a byproduct of petroleum, which is not something you want to be absorbed into your body and bloodstream.
is another ingredient that should be avoided when choosing a face oil. Fragrance is where many companies like to hide an abundance of chemicals and artificial ingredients. Companies are not required to disclose what is included in the term “fragrance,” so they can put whatever they want into that category even if it is not related to fragrance at all. Additionally, most fragrances are stabilized with phthalates, which a chemical linked to reproductive issues and birth defects when tested on animals.
How to Find a Natural Face Oil
Products that only have a small or limited amount of ingredients are always the best. The fewer ingredients, the less room there is for anything concerning or that can be irritating to the skin. Stick with ingredients you can pronounce and actually know what they are – usually, this means they are naturally derived, although there are a few exceptions to this rule. If you are ever unsure about the safety of a product or a particular ingredient, crosscheck each ingredient or product of concern on the EWG Skin Deep database.
When you search an ingredient it will give you a score (1-10) and break down the ingredient into the biggest areas of concern (like cancer, organ system toxicity, etc.) and overall concern. This website is a great tool to use whether you are a seasoned natural beauty enthusiast or just starting your journey to natural skincare.
Look for labels like cruelty-free, USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO project verified seal, no parabens, no petroleum, no sulfates, SLS-free, etc. These are often key phrases that can help you narrow down the search for a great natural face oil. Never trust brands and packages that say “natural” or “made with natural and organic ingredients,” as they can still contain a massive amount of chemicals and toxic ingredients. These vague labels do not guarantee they are healthy, natural, or organic in any way.
The 5 Best Natural and Organic Face Oils:
Now that you have an understanding of the dangers of many face oils and some key factors to look for, here are the Top 5 best natural and/or organic face oils!
The price of this face oil isn’t for the faint of heart, but it may be worth the price tag depending on your needs. This oil features baobab oil, which is high in oleic acid to seal in moisture on the skin. It has a high concentration of antioxidants and vitamins A, E, and D. Akar also makes all of their products in small batches to ensure the absolute freshest and highest-quality product possible. Small batches also mean the product is not being produced on a massive scale to be bottled into thousands of containers that will sit on store shelves for months. None of their products contain any water or other fillers so you can feel confident that the price justifies the actual contents of the product. Furthermore, you won’t get an end product that is watered down, literally with water so your skin will receive ultimate hydration and moisture.
Akar also“source[s] the highest grade natural ingredients that are organic, wild-harvested or gathered from the Tibetan plateau to ensure ingredient efficacy and limit exposure to pesticides and toxins from farming and harvesting. You will never find mineral oil, synthetic fragrances and colorants, sulfates, parabens, phenoxyethanol, silicones, PEGs, PPGs, DEA, TEA, phthalates, GMO ingredients and artificial preservatives in any of our products.” They make a great and healthy product, and despite the steep price, this product may change your skin forever if you give it a try.
Graydon’s All Over Elixir Oil infuses nutrient-rich oils with a100% natural fragrance blend of Australian Sandalwood, Rich Moroccan Chamomile & Soothing French Lavender. When looking for a face oil that has fragrance, make sure those fragrances are coming from essential oils and essential oil blends to ensure you are not getting artificial and chemical fragrances. What is great about this oil is that you don’t just have to use it on your face, you can use it on the entire body as well if you like it that much. There are no parabens or sulfates and it’s produced without gluten and animal testing.
This oil’s ingredient list only includes sunflower oil, rice-bran oil, camelina seed oil, grape seed oil and vitamin E, and essential oil blend – simple, pure, and wholesome ingredients.
Argan oil is fantastic for the skin and 100% Pure’s organic Argan oil will make your skin happy and radiant. This oil is filled with vitamin E, phenols, carotenes, squalene, and tons of essential fatty acids. These ingredients provide ultimate moisture to soften and repair dry and damaged skin. This is a perfect option to use in the winter when the air is cold and dry and your skin gets dry/crackly.
And the best part about this face oil? It has one ingredient – yes, only one! You cannot get much cleaner than that. It is purely 100% pure certified organic Argan oil with no other fillers or anything gross.
Andalou Naturals is the perfect face oil for those of you who struggle with dry, delicate, and sensitive skin. This face oil is ultra lightweight so your skin won’t feel sticky and weighed down. It’s a super silky formula that will glide over your skin, making it feel softer than ever before. The formula includes alpine rose stem cells to help soothe and nourish your skin. Argan and pomegranate oils are rich in tannins and polyphenols, which help moisturize skin and even out skin tone.
This face oil is 100% naturally derives Non-GMO Project verified, vegan, and gluten-free. The Non-GMO Project verification is an extra reason to love this face oil and the Andalou Naturals brand in general.
Badger Argan Face Oil is USDA Certified organic, 100% natural, and includes a delicious blend or great smelling essential oils. This organic face oil:
- Balances and hydrates all skin types
- Protects skin from free radicals
- Helps maintain skin’s natural moisture balance
- Leaves skin feeling smooth and looking radiant
- Clinically tested non-comedogenic
Face oils offer so many great benefits for the skin and face. They are moisturizing, hydrating and can help reduce breakouts and acne despite the common myth that putting oil on your face will actually cause your skin to breakout. It is important to keep in mind that many conventional face oils are filled with many toxic ingredients, so opt for an organic and natural face oil to prevent any future damage to your skin and body.
Face oils are great for healthy, moisturized skin – organic and natural face oil are even better! Feel confident with your face oil by browsing our top 5 picks!
You asked and we answered. You can now publish our content on your blog, free of charge. Read More.